The points are not the point!
– Allan Wolf
- Poetry Slam should be fun! Exaggerated ambition, jealousy and competitiveness have no business here at all.
- Only self-written texts can be recited.
- Texts by others and singing are only permitted as quotes and may constitute only a small part of the text.
- No aids such as disguises, objects, animals, etc. are allowed.
- The allotted time to recite a slam is generally 6 minutes.
- In those six minutes any number of pieces can be presented.
- About 8-12 poets participate in a slam. These are chosen by a drawing in the preliminary round groups.
- After each group, the audience decides by applause vote on the placement of the slammers.
- The Slammers who have received the loudest applause in their group move on to the final
- In the final, new texts must be recited.