The DAI International Women’s Club is designed to bring together women of all nationalities in the Heidelberg-Mannheim area who are interested in speaking English and sharing their experiences in different cultures. Our hope is that this group will not only help women to meet each other, but will also facilitate friendships and other social contacts.
The international women’s club is a group of about 60 active members. Many of these are Germans who have lived abroad, and others are women from England, USA, Canada, Russia, Africa and Asia, just to name a few.
Our activities are:
- Monthly dinner at a restaurant in Heidelberg
- Potluck dinner – at the DAI Library
- Hikes in the forest around Heidelberg or in the Odenwald Forest
- English-speaking films at cinemas in Heidelberg
- English-speaking plays performed by the drama group of the English department of the University of Heidelberg